Volume 13 No. 3 (2013)
In this issue, we have the following:
Diet Tips: Francis Piamang Williams
Bananas - A very interesting fact
Best Community Practice in Zimbabwe
The Upenyu Article
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Seasonal price variability and the effective demand for nutrients: Evidence from cereals markets in Mali.
- Effect of processing on the quality, composition and antioxidant properties of Terminalia catappa (Indian almond) seed oil.
Oluwatosin Adu et al.
- Prevalence and risk factors of nutritional anaemia among female school children in Masindi district, western Uganda.
Barugahara Isingoma et al.
- Seeding rate and genotype effects on agronomic performance and grain protein content of durum wheat (Triticum turgidum L. Durum) in south-eastern Ethiopia.
Haile Deressa et al.
- Optimizing micronutrient intake of lactating women through increased wild edible plant consumption in Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa.
- Social impacts of IPM-FFS on urban and peri-urban vegetable producers in Cotonou, Benin.
Trine Lund et al.
- Concentrations of formaldehyde in rain waters harvested at the Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research.
Obahiagbon FI et al.
- Effect of NPK fertilizer on fruit yield and yield components of pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo Linn.).
Fun Milayo Oloyede et al.
- Comparison of antimicrobial activities of brine salting, chlorinated solution and Moringa oleifera plant extracts in fish from Lake Victoria basin of Kenya.
Jackson Onyuka et al.
- Formulation of a complementary food fortified with broad beans (Vicia faba) in southern Ethiopia.
Afework Kebebu et al.
- Performance of improved bean varieties in Kasulu and Kibondo districts of Kigoma region, Tanzania.
Shenkalwa EM et al.
- The prevalence of obesity among female teachers of child-bearing age in Ghana.
Ruth Adisetu Pobee et al.
- Biophysicochemical changes that occur in fish during different stages of traditional processing.
Funmilola Ajani et al.
- Demand for non-alcoholic beverages among urban households in southwest Nigeria.
Shittu AM et al.
- Levels of major, minor and toxic metals in tubers and flour of Dioscorea abyssinica grown in Ethiopia.
Bhagwan Singh Chandravanshi et al.
- Evaluation of physico-chemical, nutritional and microbiological quality of raw cow's milk usually consumed in the central part of Côte d'Ivoire.
Kra Kouassi Séverin et al.
- REPRINT: Beating hunger will need more nutrition aid, says report
Nutrition spending falling short as new report highlights role that empowering female farmers can play in tackling hunger
Mark Tran theGuardian
- REPRINT: Opportunities for Africa in unlocking the vast potential of agribusiness
ASARECA :PAAP (Policy Analysis and Advocacy Program)
- REPRINT: The Aid Financing Landscape for Nutrition
Laura Jump Development Initiatives
- REPRINT: Ban Ki-moon launches Zero Hunger Challenge at Rio+20 summit
UN secretary general unveils five-point food security campaign aimed at a future where all enjoy 'a fundamental right to food'
Liz Ford theGuardian
- REPRINT: Smallholder agriculture's contribution to better nutrition
Steve Wiggins & Sharada Keats Overseas Development Institute