Volume 14 No. 2 (2014)
Guest Editorial: Abiodun Elijah Obayelu
Post-harvest Losses and Food Waste: The Key Contributing Factors to African Food Insecurity and Environmental Challenges
Commentary: Ruth Oniang'o
What is it about GLUTEN?
Short Communication: Mubarak Ameen et al.
Effect of heat and alkaline hydrolysis on the amino acid profile of jatropha curcas seed cake
Call for Papers: Richard Douglass
Research Methods Innovation and Challenges in Rural Africa
SECOND CALL: Ambassador Kenneth M. Quinn
40 Chances Fellowship Program
(Deadline 31 May 2014)
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Microbial and preservative safety of fresh and processed fruit salads, fruit soft drinks and jam in Kenya.
- Implementing nutrition interventions in Ghana at district level: Gaps and opportunities.
Cameron Gongwer and R. Aryeetey
- Farm holdings in northern Nigeria and implication for food security: A remote sensing and GIS assessment.
- Farmers’ involvement in capital markets investment as an alternative source of funding for agriculture in Ondo State, Nigeria.
Fasina O. Oluwatosin
- Food variety, dietary diversity and perceived hunger among lactating women (0-6 months postpartum) in a low socio-economic area in Nairobi, Kenya.
Anita Ongosi Nyaboke et al.
- Mycoflora of grain maize (Zea mays L.) stored in traditional storage containers (gombisa and sacks) in selected woredas of Jimma zone, Ethiopia.
Sethumadhava Rao et al.
- Sensory properties and consumer acceptance of a stirred-type yoghurt produced from baobab (Adansonia digitata) pulp during refrigerated storage.
Batsirai Chipurura et al.
- Household-food market relations and its implications for food security of farm families in Imo State Nigeria.
Olajide O. Adeola
- Descriptive and consumer preference of omashikwa, traditional fermented buttermilk from Namibia.
Peter George Bille
- Acceptability of chicken powder in home prepared complementary foods for children in Ghana.
Alex Anderson et al.
- Assessment of expenditure on food among urban households and it’s implication for food security: Evidence from Benue State, Nigeria.
Rhoda Torkwase Iorlamen et al.
- Knowledge, use and sensory evaluation of red palm oil ogi by caregivers in Makurdi, Nigeria.
Olufemi A Adewuyi et al.
- Efficacy of cultural methods in the control of rhizoctonia solani strains causing tomato damping off in Kenya
Joseph Muriungi et al.