Volume 11 No. 5 (2011)
In this issue, we have the following articles:
Editorial: Ruth Oniang'o
Starvation in the 21st Century? It is not right!
Short Communication: Judith Kimiywe
Workshop on Open Access Publishing
Short Communication: Hilary Clinton
Hilary Clinton Visit to IFPRI
Short Communication: Annie Amakiri
Broiler Chicken's Growth Rate in Three Different Nocturnal Lighting Regimes
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Effect of germination on mineral bioavailability of soghum-based complementary foods.
Tizazu Shimelis et al.
- Effect of ripening stage on composition, sensory qualities and acceptability of keitt mango (mangifera indica L.) chips.
Appiah Francis et al.
- Utilization of ensiled metabolizable mixture of cassava peel and caged layers' manure as energy source in broiler diets.
- Nitrogen balance and morphometric traits of weanling pigs fed graded levels of wild sunflower (tithonia diversifolia) leaf meal.
Fasuyi AO and FJ Ibitayo
- Nutrients and antinutrients composition of raw, cooked and sun-dried sweet potato leaves.
Laswai Henry et al.
- Tiger nut: As a plant, its derivatives and benefits.
Bamishaiye EI and OM Bamishaiye
- Use and understanding of nutrition labels among consumers in Lilongwe (Malawi).
Kasapila W and P Shawa
- Nutritional evaluation of ficus carica indigenous to Pakistan.
Khan MN et al.
- Development of syrup and "malt-like" drink from raphia hookeri sap.
Mintah BK et al.
- Bacteriological quality of street-vended um-jingir: A traditional Sudanese food.
Mustafa NEM and MS Abdallah
- A survey of on-farm seed production practices of sorghum (sorghum bicolor L. Moench) in Bomet District of Kenya.
Ochieng LA et al.
- Nutritional and sensory profiling of the African giant land snail fed commercial-type and leaf-based diets in a rain-forest ecology.
Kalio GA and I Etela