Volume 12 No. 3 (2012)
In this issue, we have the following articles:
GUEST Editorial: Michael Darkoh
Environment and Food Security in sub-Saharan Africa
Commentary: Ruth Oniang'o
Who will feed Africa tomorrow?
Short Communication: Peter Bille and S Kapasao
Compositional and bacteriological quality of heat treated milk marketed in Namibia
Short Communication: Sheuli Dasgupta and Saikat Basu
Environmental pollutions and biodegradation
Letter to the Editor: Ukeme Eka
To whom it may concern
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Comparative analysis of households' socioeconomic and demographic characteristics and food security status in urban and rural areas of Kwara and Kogi States of north-central Nigeria.
- Preservation of penicillium species by lyophilization.
Khokhar Ibatsam et al.
- Comparative study of the effects of steam and solar heat treated cowpea seed on the development and control of callosobruchus maculatus (F.) (Coleoptera: Bruchidae).
Joseph Allotey et al.
- Effect of different nitrogen fertilizer rates on yield and yield related traits for seven durum wheat (Triticum turgidum L. var Durum) cultivars grown at Sigana, south eastern Ethiopia.
Geremew Bultosa et al.
- Assessing the impact of credit constraints on farm household economic welfare in the hinterland of Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo.
Henry Muayila and E Tollens
- Effect of chemical refining on Citrullus colocynthis and Pongamia pinnata seed oil.
Anil Duhan et al.
- Carcass and slaughter traits of weanling pigs fed graded levels of wild sunflower (Tithonia diversifolia) leaf meal.
Deji Fasuyi et al.
- Nutritive value and availability of commonly used feed ingredients for farmed nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus L.) and African catfish (Clarias gariepinus, Burchell) in Kenya, Rwanda and Tanzania.
Jonathan Munguti et al.
- Assessment of heavy metals and their estimated daily intakes from two commonly consumed foods (kulikuli and robo) found in Nigeria.
Lanre-Iyanda TY and IM Adekunle
- Screening of plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria from maize (Zea mays) and wheat (Triticum aestivum).
- Heterosis of qualitative and quantitative characteristics in sweet gourd (Cucurbita moschata duch.ex poir).
Aminul Islam et al.
- Mango (Mangifera indica) and ambarella (Spondias cytherea) peel extracted pectins improve viscoelastic properties of derived jams.
Benoît Koubala et al.
- A systematic approach to food variety classification as a tool in dietary assessment: A case study of Kitui district.
Enock Musinguzi et al.
- Nutritional status of children aged 6 to 59 months in community based education and service centres (COBES) in western Kenya.
Arthur Kwena and JB Baliddawa
- REPRINT: Food Security: A Mapping of European Approaches