Volume 12 No. 5 (2012)
In this issue, we have the following articles:
Editorial: Ruth Oniang'o
Drought in the United States of America: How does it affect Africa
Appeal for footage or unique photo for the late Chris Doswell
Introducing ASSCAT Book Publishing
Short Communication: Huub Lelieveld
Global harmonisation of food safety regulations
Commentary: George Ooko
The role of the youth in enhancing food security: The untapped potential
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Climate change and food security: The role of biotechnology.
Wilhemina Quaye et al.
- Introducing new agricultural technologies and marketing strategies: A means for increasing income and nutrition of farm households in Ethiopia.
Yigezu Yigezu and JH Sanders
- An assessment of the physiological quality of sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L Moench) seeds planted by farmers in Bomet District of Kenya.
Lilian Ochieng et al.
- Mineral nutrient content of commonly consumed leafy vegetables in northern Ghana.
Francis Amagloh and ES Nyarko
- Improvement of injera shelf life through the use of chemical preservatives.
Ashagrie Zewdu and D Abate
- Nutrient composition, functional, sensory and microbial status of popcorn-based (Zea may everta) complementary foods enriched with cashew nut (Anacardiumoccidentale L.) flour.
Steve Ijarotimi et al.
- Effect of garcinia kola seed meal on egg quality of the North African catfish (Clarias gariepinus) (Burchell, 1822) broodstock.
- Species diversity and richness of wild birds in Dagona-Waterfowl sanctuary, Nigeria.
- Contribution of minerals from fresh kidney bean leaves and grains in meals consumed in East, South and Central Africa.
Peter Mamiro et al.
- In vitro production of trichothecenes and zearalenone by fusarium isolates from equatorial barley (hordeum vulgare L.) grown in Kenya.
Kenneth Mbae et al.
- Evaluation of the physico-chemical propertie (BH-660) for dextrose production.
Solomon Mengistu and SA Emire
- Anthropogenic pollution impact on physico-chemical characteristics of Lake Kivu, Rwanda.
Julius Olapade and BO Omitoyin
- Socio-economic determinants of consumption pattern of fish among households in Ibadan North Local Government area of Oyo State, Nigeria.
Olawamiwa Reuben Adeniyi et al.
- Aflatoxins in body fluids and food of Nigeria children with protein-energy malnutrition.
Geoffrey Onyemelukwe et al.
- Determinants of fast food consumption in Kampala, Uganda.
Jackline Bonabana et al.
- Agricultural pest control programmes, food security and safety.
Simon Eze and BC Echezona
- REPRINT: New International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) study maps hotspots of human-animal infectious diseases and emerging disease outbreaks
- REPRINT: Final declaration of civil society organizations
Regional Civil Society Consultation for Africa held in Brazzaville April 21-22, 2012
- REPRINT: Making sense of GM
Sense About Science