Volume 13 No. 1 (2013)
In this issue, we have the following articles:
Editorial: Ruth Oniang'o
Global Peace should be a priority for the world to maintain any hope of feeding itself
Commentary: Ekin Birol and Yassir Islam
A Commentary on the Guest Editorial titled “Ending Hidden Hunger: Is There a Weak Link” by Victor J Temple (Volume 12, No 7, December 2012)
News: Maina Waruru
KENYA in University World News – Africa Edition
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- A literature review of role of obesity in adult health with reference to Africa.
- Effect of pre-processing on the physico-chemical properties of morama bean (Tylosema esculentum) milk.
José Jackson et al.
- Effect of fermentation containers on the chemical composition of fermented sesame (Sesamum indicum L) seeds.
Maria Folasade Makinde et al.
- Shelflife of whole fresh lake Malawi tilapia (Oreochromis species - Chambo) stored in ice.
Fanuel Kapute et al.
- Geophagia clay soil as a source of mineral nutrients and toxicants.
Francis Tayie et al.
- Effect of co-fermentation on nutritive quality and pasting properties of maize/cowpea/sweet potato as complementary food.
- Value addition and processed products of three indigenous fruits in Namibia.
Ahmad Cheikhyoussef et al.
- Simple evaporative cooling method reduces bacterial content of traditionally marketed camel milk in Isiolo county, Kenya.
- Fatty and amino acids composition of selected wild edible mushrooms of Bunyoro sub-region, Uganda.
Immaculate Nakalembe and JD Kabasa
- A survey on entomophagy prevalence in Zimbabwe.
Shadreck Dube et al.
- Acceptability of different lipid-based nutrient supplements for adults with HIV.
Marlene Hebie et al.
- Anioxidative and radical scavenging activities of propolis extracts in food models.
Wambua Ukulo et al.
- Addressing childhood undernutrition in Tanzania: Challenges and opportunities.
Lillian Mwanri et al.
- Evaluating diversity among Kenyan papaya germplasm using simple sequence repeat markers.
George Asudi et al.
- Persistence of active compounds of essential oils of clausena anisata (rutaceae) and plectranthus glandulosus (labiateae) used as insecticides on maize grains and flour.
Augustin Goudoum et al.
- Baseline survey on factors affecting sorghum production and use in eastern Kenya.
Catherine Muui et al.