Volume 13 No. 4 (2013)
In this issue, we have the following:
GUEST Editorial: Prof. Umezuruike Linus Opara
The Urgent Need for African Leadership in Science, Engineering and Technology to Transform African Agriculture into Agri-Food Value Chains
Terror in Nairobi Mall: Ruth Oniang'o
Terror in a Nairobi Mall: Dedication to those who have perished in the Westgate Bombings
Commentary: Ruth Oniang'o
What opportunities do we have now to end hunger in the World?
Short Communication: Tom Olielo
Food security problems in various income groups of Kenya
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Sorghum [Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench] seed quality as affected by variety, harvesting stage and fertilizer application in Bomet County of Kenya.
Lilian Ochieng et al.
- Effect of Boscia albitrunca (Omukunzi) root on the bacteriology and viscosity of Omashikwa, traditional fermented buttermilk from Namibia.
- Utilization of cocoyam in rural households in southwestern Nigeria.
- Growth performance and bio-economics of growing pigs fed diets containing separately fermented and unfermented cassava tuber wastes.
- Tacca starch: A review of its production, physiocochemical properties, modification and industrial uses.
- Effect of soybean/cassava flour blend on the proximate composition of Ethiopian traditional bread prepared from quality protein maize.
Mesfin Wogayehu and A Shimelis
- Properties of (Parinari curatellifolla) (Hacha or Chakata) fruits from different parts of Harare, Zimbabwe.
Chakare Benhura et al.
- Cost-benefit analysis and growth effects of pelleted and unpelleted on-farm diets on African catfish (Clarias gariepinus) in earthen ponds.
Harrison Charo-Karisa et al.
- Agriculture extension service delivery in a semi-arid rural area in South Africa: The case study of Thorndale in the Limpopo province.
- Can integrated livestock-fish culture be a solution to East Africa’s food insecurity: A review.
Erick Ogello et al.
- Nutritional status of school children aged 8-12 years in deprived areas of Mauritius.
Ruggoo Arvind et al.
- Profitability and economic efficiency of groundnut production in Benue state, Nigeria.
Ani Dorothy et al.
- Variability in biochemical composition and cell wall constituents among seven varieties in Ghanaian yan (Dioscorea SP) germplasm.
Emmanuel Afoakwa et al.
- Basal metabolic rate and energy expenditure or rural farmers in Magubike village, Kilosa district, Tanzania.
Hilda Ocan et al.
- Bacterial load in expressed and stored breast milk of lactating mothers in Abia state, Nigeria.
Patricia Ukegbu et al.
- Effect of variety, seed rate and row spacing on the growth and yield of rice in Bauchi, Nigeria.
Mahmoud Babawuro et al.
- REPRINT: Is a common food fungus worsening the AIDS epidemic?
Greg Williams: UAB News
- REPRINT: The environment and global governance: Can the global community rise to the challenge?
Uma Lele, Aaron Zazueta, and Benjamin Singer : Lincoln Institute of Land Policy