Volume 15 No. 5 (2015)
Guest Editorial: Jean Freymond
Improving the doing business conditions and fostering entrepreneurship: A challenge for Africa and African rural communities
Tribute to the Late David Lambert
- Tribute to David Lambert - by Daniel Silverstein
- Dedeication to David Lambert - by Marshall Matz
- Images of David Lambert - Compilation by Ruth Oniang'o
- Profile - David Lambert - First appeared in AJFAND Volume 13 No. 5 
- A World Food Prize Lecture - David Lambert - First appeared in AJFAND Volume 13 No. 5 
- Reflecting on Norman Borlaug's Legacy - by David Lambert - First appeared in AJFAND Volume 14 No. 4 
- Global Food Security in Perspective - Commentary by David Lambert - First appeared in AJFAND Volume 14 No. 7 
- Email Messages following the death of David Lambert - Compilation by Ruth Oniang'o
SAA Presentations at the World Food Prize 2015
- Message from the Chair of SAA/SAFE , Prof. Ruth Oniang’o
- A Successful Extension Model with African Smallholder Farmers - scattered remarks by Dr. Jean Freymond, Board Secretary, Sasakawa Africa Association (SAA)
- SAA Management and Strategic Programs – by Dr. Juliana Rwelamira, SAA - Managing Director
- Value-addition, Agro-Enterprises, Partnerships & Market Access – by Leonides Halos-Kim, Thematic Director, Postharvest & Agro-processing, SAA
- Strengthening Human Resources for Effective Agricultural Extension Delivery – by Dr. Deola Naibakelao, SAFE Managing Director
- Christopher Dowswell Scholarship Fund - by Mr. Rodney Ferguson of Winrock International
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Impact of ripening stage and drying on selected quality attributes of apple mango cubes and leathers.
Elizabeth Wafula et al.
- Engaging fathers and grandmothers to improve maternal and child dietary practices: Planning a community-based study in western Kenya.
Faith Thuita et al.
- Efficacy of cactus pear (Opuntia ficus-indica) varieties as a source of food and feed in Endamehoni district, northern Ethiopia.
Berhanu Abraha Tsegay and Z Gebreegziabher
- Physical, chemical and sensory properties of cookies produced from sweet potato and mango mesocarp flours.
Iorfa Abraham Sengev et al.
- Hidden salt in breads of Blantyre (Malawi) and labelling practices: A national wake-up call.
Aggrey Pemba Gama and C Ching’anda
- Central obesity and diet quality in rural farming women of Ngamiland, Botswana.
Galase Ramolefhe et al.
- The proximate and chemical composition of improved chickpea cultivars grown under the pure stand and banana intercrop systems in south western Uganda agro ecological zone.
Matovu Hassan Ahmad et al.
- Performance, carcass, haematology and blood chemistry of broilers fed on cooked wild cocoyam [Colocasiaesculenta (L.) Schott] corms as partial substitutes for maize.
Rotimi Olajide and AO Akinsoyinu
- Nutritional knowledge and dietary diversity of cancer patients at the cancer treatment centre, Kenyatta National Hospital, Kenya.
Caroline Wakuthie Muthike et al.
- Assessment of aflatoxins B1, B2, G1 and G2 status of home grown maize in Swaziland.
Kgomo Hlobsile et al.
- Evaluation of the quality of malted acha-soy breakfast cereal flour.
Helen Obioma Agu et al.
- A national survey of rice (Oryza sativa L.) grain quality in Sierra Leone II: Evaluation of physical grain quality.
Joseph Sherman Kamara et al.
- Impact evaluation of positive deviance hearth in Migori county, Kenya.
Anino Otieno Calvince et al.
- Influence of hypo and hyper methionine supplementation on growth performance and immunological responses to
Newcastle disease vaccinations of broiler chickens.
Oyetayo Faulyi et al.
WFP Youth Institute (2015) articles
- India, Factor 9: Water and Sanitation - Marisa Villarreal, McCutcheon High School, Lafayette, Indiana
- Malawi, Factor 11: Malnutrition - Kira Barr, Olentangy Orange High School, Lewis Center, Ohio
- Republic of Korea, Factor: 13 Demographics - Sabria Abufares, Zionsville Community High School, Zionsville, Indiana
- Kenya, Factor 15: Human Rights (with a focus on Women’s Rights) - Mia Battani, Ankeny Centennial High School, Ankeny, Iowa
- Guatemala, Factor 15: Human Rights - Morgan Smith, Nevada High School, Nevada, Iowa
- Burundi, Factor 19: Foreign Aid - Roman Kiefer, WACO High School, Wayland, Iowa
Letter to the Editor: Dr. Meïssa DIOUF
Acceptance Speech for the 2015 Norman Borlaug Field Award by Eric Pohlman
Commentary: Kenneth Ayuko
Of Meetings, Women and Agriculture – for global food security and peace
Conference Report: Njeri Karanu
Report on Tegemeo Institute conference