Volume 9 No. 1 (2009)
In this issue, we have the following articles:
Editorial: Ruth Oniang'o
The never-ending story of Africa's hunger tragedy: where lies food safety?
Status of micronutrient nutrition in Zimbabwe: A review.
Henry Gadaga et al.
- Indigenous food processing methods that improve zinc absorption and bioavailability of plant diets consumed by the Kenyan population.
Sedentism and malnutrition among nomadic fulani children in south western Nigeria.
Uwen Ekpo et al.
Maternal knowledge and practices related to anaemia and iron supplementation in rural Malawi: A cross-sectional study.
Alexander Kalimbira et al.
The availability of processed fruit products and their contents of vitamins A and C in Nairobi, Kenya.
Tom Olielo and George Rombo
- Maize growth, yield and soil nutrient changes with N-enriched organic fertilizers.
Eyitayo Makinde and OT Ayoola
- Nutrient value and in vitro gas production of African wild cocoyam (colocasia esculentrum).
Jacob Babayemi and MA Bamikole
- Fatty acid composition and amino acid profile of two freshwater species, African catfish (claria gariepinus) and tilapia (tilapia zillii).
Adesola Osibona et al.
- Effect of sub-clinical mastitis on milk yield and composition of dairy goats in Tanzania.
George Kifaro et al.
- Attributes and consumer acceptance of yoghurt flavoured with non-cultivated indigenous Swazi fruits.
Abednego Dlamini et al.