Volume 9 No. 4 (2009)
In this issue, we have the following articles:
Editorial: Prof. Ruth Oniang'o
Commentary: Prof. Paul Thompson
Science, technology and the future of food in Africa
- The dilemma of over and under nutrition coexistence among western Kenya children.
Abdulkadir Egal et al.
- Prevalence of early childhood malnutrition and influencing factors in peri urban areas of Kabarole district, western Uganda.
Turyashemererwa Florence et al.
Micronutrient deficiencies in food aid beneficiaries: A review of seven African countries.
Natalie Drorbaugh and Charlotte Neumann
- Bacteriological quality of sachet water produced and sold in Teshie-Nungua suburbs of Accra, Ghana.
Addo Kennedy et al.
- Relationships of chemical composition, quantity of milt to fertility and hatchability of clarias gariepinus (Burchell, 1822).
- Traditional processing, microbiological, physiochemical and sensory characteristics of kwete, a Ugandan fermented maize based beverage.
Namugumya BS and CMBK Muyanja
- The effects of feeding triacylglcerols on milk fat composition, lipogenesis and polymer-protomer transition of acetyl-coa carboxylase in rat mammary.
Oben Julius et al.
- Nutritional and rheological properties of swet potato based infant food and its preservation using antioxidants.
Nandutu Agnes and NK Howell
- Effect of two storage methods on the keeping and sensory qualities of four plantain varieties.
Johnson Paa and I Sugri
- Efficacy of traditional maize (Zea mays L.) seed storage methods in western Kenya.
Wambugu Peterson et al.