Volume 11 No. 4 (2011)
In this issue, we have the following articles:
Editorial: Ruth Oniang'o
Our Children Need to be Saved from HUNGER!!
Commentary: Namwaya O and RK Oniang'o
The story of death: Africa's healthcare system
Commentary: Syagga EA
Nutrition and safe motherhood
Student internsip report - Peter Kamau
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Dietary diversity and nutritional status of pre-school children from musa-dependent households in Gitega (Burundi) and Butembo (democratic Republic of Congo).
Ekesa BN et al.
- Growth of children receiving a dehydrated potato-soy protein conentrate or corn-soy blend as part of a food aid program in northern Senegal.
Taren D et al.
- Evaluation of the suitability and acceptability of a newly designed infant flour for infant feeding in the district of bopa in South of Benin.
Dossa RAM et al.
- Young children feeding and zinc levels of complementary foods in Western Cameroon.
Kana SMM et al.
- Impact of an integrated nutrition intervention on nutrient intakes, morbidity and growth of rural Burkinabe preschool children.
Sanou D et al.
- Impact of daily consumption of moringa (moringa oleifera) dry leaf powder on iron status of Senegalese lactating women.
Idohou-Dossou N et al.
- Effects of processing on soybean nutrients and potential impact on consumer health: An overview.
- Nutrient-enhancement of matooke banana for improved nutrient intake of people living with HIV/AIDS in Rakai district, Uganda..
Muyonga JH et al.
- Dietary and socio-economic correlates of nutritional status in a rural adult Kenyan population.
Jayne J et al.
- Nutritional quality of the lunches of children in day care in Osun State of Nigeria.
Ogbimi GE and BO Ogunba
- Impact of the national special programme for food security on poverty alleviation among women in Oyo State, Nigeria.
Ayoade AR et al.