Volume 11 No. 7 (2011)
In this issue, we have the following articles:
Editorial: Ruth Oniang'o
Should governments have a say in what we eat? Should they care?
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Effect of blanching methods on drying kinetics of bell pepper.
Toyosi Tunde-Akintunde et al.
- Effectiveness of plant based insecticides as a sustainable means of control of cucumber mosaic virus.
Yasir Mahmood et al.
- Roles and capacity of duty bearers in the realization of the human right to adequate food in Uganda.
Peter Rukundo et al.
- Amino acid analysis and biological evaluation of detoxified thevetia seed meal.
Omolara Oluwaniyi et al.
- Effect of cutting shapes and thicknesses on the quality of minimally processed pineapple (Ananas comosus) cv. 'Queen Victoria'.
Navindra Boodia et al.
- Studies on thermal processing of tuna - A comparative study in tin and tin-free steel cans.
Maheswara KJ et al.
- The role of tilapia in food security of fishing villages in Niger state, Nigeria.
- A comparative assessment of the nutritional contents of 'wara', a west African soft cheese using calotropis procera and cymopogon citratus as coagulants.
Victoria Adetunji and OO Babalobi
- Proximate composition, bread characteristics and sensory evaluation of cocoyam-wheat composite breads.
Richard Mongi et al.
- Effect of dermestes maculatus on the nutritional qualities of two edible insects (oryctes boas and rhynchophorus phoenicis).
Fasunwon BT et al.
- A comparative study of therestorative effects of ocimum gratissimum and ocimum canum on alcohol induced hepatotoxicity in albino rats.
Padmaja Chaturvedi et al.
- Dietary assessment in Africa: Integration with innovative technology.
Gewa CA et al.
- Food security status among cocoa growing households in Ondo and Kwara states of Nigeria: A discriminant analysis approach.
- Livelihoods and environmental challenges in coastal communities of Nigeria.