Volume 12 No. 6 (2012)
In this issue, we have the following articles:
GUEST Editorial: Gertrude Were
Why African nations must consider poverty reduction as a priority agenda
Narrative: Ruth Oniang'o
The Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF)
Commentary: John Omiti
Research challenges in agriculture and rural development in Kenya
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- The effect of integrated nutrition care intervention on the nutritional status of HIV/AIDS children in Kilifi District, Kenya.
Emmy Chesire et al.
- Nutritional and sensory evaluation of food formulations from malted and fermented maize (Zea mays L.) fortified with defatted sesame (Sesamun indicum L.) flour.
Iorwuese Gernah et al.
- Factors influencing knowledge and practice of exclusive breastfeeding in Nyando District, Kenya.
Norah Nyanga et al.
- Role of zinc in human health with reference to African elderly: A review
- Changes in physico-chemical properties and flavour compounds during fermentation of different obushera (sorghum and millet) beverages.
Charles Muyanja et al.
- Liplytic activity of some fungal species on castor oil
Anthony Negedu et al.
- Effect of sodium chloride concentration of the functional properties of selected legume flours.
Ahmed Mohamed et al.
- Natural additives effects on some quality parameters of un-refined peanut oil
Rahman Akinoso and IU Ekaette
- Nutritive value of Lepidoptara litoralia (edible caterpillar) in in Jos Nigeria: Implication for food security and poverty alleviation.
Mariam Solomon and N Prisca
- Effect of garri processing effluents (waste water) on the cynide level of some root tubers commonly consumed in the south east Nigeria.
Friday Uhegbu et al.
- Profit efficiency among catfish farmers in Benue State, Nigeria.
Peter Tsue et al.
- Effect of dietary intakes on pregnancy outcomes: A comparative study among HIV-infected and uninfected women at Nyanza Provincial General Hospital, Kenya.
Jared Mala et al.
- Effect of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum) powder on oxidative stability and sensory characteristics of broiler meat.
Kazeem Adeyemi and AO Olorunsanya
- Comparative study of piscine and non-piscine pituitary extract and ovulin for inducing spawning in catfish (Clarias gariepinus).
Simeon Ayoola et al.
- Processing pineapple pulp into dietary fibre supplement.
Nana Ackom and K Tano-Debra
- REPRINT: Ecology of Food and Nutrition
- REPRINT: Global Hunger