Volume 12 No. 7 (2012)
In this issue, we have the following articles:
GUEST Editorial: Victor Temple
Ending Hidden Hunger: Is there a weak link?
Quote of this issue: Ruth Oniang'o
Let's have a moment of thanks for Bill Gates
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- A comparison of the kinetics of mango drying in open-air, solar, and forced-air dryers.
- Effect of combined germination, dehulling and boiling on mineral, sucrose, stachyose, fibrulose, and phytic acid content of different chickpea cultivars.
Lovemore Malunga et al.
- Characteristics of caregivers and households practicing bottle-feeding in Kisumu East District.
Nicky Okeyo et al.
- Dietary therapy of obesity: Effect on some hormonal and biochemical blood indices.
Salwa M. El-Shebini1 et al.
- Survey of postharvest handling, preservation and processing practices along the camel milk chain in Isiolo County, Kenya.
Francis Wayua et al.
- “The hidden hunger”: Understanding the burden of anaemia and its determinants among pregnant and non-pregnant women in Ethiopia.
Wondu Teshome and Marlou Bijlsma
- Use of improved inputs and its effect on maize yield and profit in Uganda.
Geofrey Okoboi et al.
- Evaluation of coconut-citrus intercropping systems in the context of lethal yellowing disease of coconut in Ghana.
Emmanuel Andoh-Mensah and GK Ofosu-Budu
- A simple approach to recycle broiler litter as animal feed.
- Influence of timing and duration of feed restriction on growth and economic performance of finisher broiler chickens.
- Experience with digital entry of national iodine survey data in Senegal.
Kendra Siekmans et al.
- Synthesis, physicochemical characterization, and functional properties of an esterified starch from an underutilized source in Nigeria.
Martins Emeje et al.
- The effect of cowpea (Vigna unguiculata) flour as an extender on the physic-chemical properties of beef and hamburgers.
Gabriel Teye et al.
- Effect of nutrition education on knowledge of nutrition in relation to prevention of stomach cancer among undergraduates in south-west, Nigeria.
Gloria Anetor et al.
- Development of frozen-fried yam slices: optimization of the processing conditions.
Yetioman Touré et al.
- Morphological characterization and identification of phytophthora species causing citrus gummosis in Kenya.
Leonard Mounde et al.
- REPRINT: American Institute for Cancer Research(AICR) writes: Flavonoids for Cancer Prevention: A Closer Look