Volume 13 No. 5 (2013)
In this issue, we have the following:
Editorial: Ruth Oniang'o
In Memory of Nelson Mandela
Commentary: Margaret Catley-Carlson
Finding policy recommendations for Food/Water Safety, Water for Food Security in an increasingly water stressed world
Keynote Address: Ambassador Kenneth Quinn
UN World Food Day Keynote Address
A World Food Prize lecture: David P. Lambert
When our "world view" collides with science: The price we pay
Based on World Food Prize 2013 Proceedings: Abdallah el-Kurebe
Ending African hunger: Lessons for African leaders
Report: Ally Jamah
Kenya has highest newborn death rate, says report
Message of Hope: Ruth Oniang'o
Message of hope and comfort to the people of Philippines
Call for Papers: Richard Douglass
Research Methods Innovation and Challenges in Rural Africa
Tribute to Nelson Mandela: Ruth Oniang'o
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Evaluation of fish handling techniques employed by artisanal fishers on quality of lethrinids and siganids fish genera at landing time along the Kenyan coast using sensory and microbiological methods.
Cyprian Odoli et al.
- Fighting undernutrition and child mortality in Sierra Leone.
- Food Security status of rural farming households in Iwo, Ayedire and Ayedaade local government areas of Osun state, south-westerrn Nigeria.
Reuben Adeniyi and Oluwatobi Ojo
- Occupational diversification among rural women in sub-saharan Africa: A review
Evangeline Ajani and EM Igbokwe
- Determinants of aggregate agricultural productivity among high external input technology farms in a harsh macroeconomic environment of Imo state, Nigeria.
- Effects of fermentation and heating on the functional properties of processed flour from African oil bean (Pentaclethra macrophylla benth) seeds.
Osagie-Eweka ESD and TH Alaiya
- Sanitation and its impact on the bacteriological quality of water: A study in three communities in Ghana.
Henry Addo et al.
- Response of nerica and sativa rice lines to nitrogen and phosphorus rates by number of tillers and shoot biomass yield.
James Apaseku and W Dowbe
- Effect of fertilization and harvesting time on antioxidant activity of three leafy vegetables commonly used in Benin.
Joseph Hounhouigan et al.
- Formulation d'aliments infantiles a base de farines d'igname enrichies au soja.
Soro Soronikpoho et al.
- Impact of soil fertility management practices on a major insect pest infestation and yield of beans (phaseolus vulgaris L.) in Taita district, Kenya.
Willis Ochilo et al.
- Effect of drying method and variety on quality of cassava starch extracts.
Akintunde BO and TY Tunde-Akintunde
- Effects of packaging and storage conditions on quality of spider plant (Cleome gynandara L.) seed.
Grace Kamotho et al.
- Agricultural production, food and nutrition security in rural Benin, Nigeria.
Onovughe Ikelegbe and DA Edokpa
- Lack of dietary sources of iodine and the prevalence of iodine deficiency in rural women from Sidama zone, southern Ethiopia.
Tafere Gebreegziabher et al.
- Effect of fermentation time and leavening agent on the quality of laboratory produced and market samples of masa (a local cereal based puff batter).
Munit Dandago et al.
- REPRINT: Food Security and Adaptation Conference 2013
Report prepared by Dr. Richard Munang (Richard.Munang@unep.org)
- REPRINT: Beyond GDP: Measuring and achieving global genuine progress
Ida Kubiszewski et al. Ecological Economics
- REPRINT: Factors of success and failure of large agro-enterprises
Michael Brüntrup et al.