Volume 14 No. 7 (2014)
Editorial: Ruth Oniang'o
Quite a mixed year this has been
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Susceptibility of mycotoxigenic fungi to commercial fungicides, a potential tool for mycotoxin control in maize in Kenya.
Josephat Tonui et al.
- Nutraceutical perspectives and utilization of common beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L.): A review
- Alkylating efficiency of sodium azide on pod yield, nut size and nutrition composition of samnut 10 and samnut 20
varieties of groundnut (Arachis hypogea L.).
David Animasaun et al.
- Anemia and associated factors among school-age children in Cape Verde, West Africa.
Gloria Valeria Da Veiga et al.
- The value of enhancing nutrient bioavailability of lentils: The Sri Lankan scenario.
Anoma Ariyawardana et al.
- Nutrient composition and suitability of four commonly used local complementary foods in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
Thomas Oladejo Adepoju and AU Etukumoh
- Nutritional quality, phytochemical composition and health protective effects of an under-utilized prickly cactus fruit (Opuntia stricta haw.) collected from Kenya.
Catherine Kunyanga et al.
- Influence of fruit maturity on antioxidant potential and chilling injury resistance of peach fruit (Prunus persica) during cold storage.
Courage Sedem Dzah
Short Communication: Graham Lyons, Australia
Selenium needed for Ebola treatment?
Stories and Articles of Interest:
- AJFAND Special Issue: Call for papers for special edition on aflatoxins in East Africa
- Report on the Launch of KALRO Katumani Mycotoxin Testing Lab and Ground-Breaking of Aflasafe Modular Manufacturing Facility
– Mary Njeri Karanu
- Matteo Renzi supports the Milan Protocol
The Board on International Food and Agricultural Development (BIFAD): Brady Deaton
BIFAD meeting at WFP – Agriculture in higher education
Commentary: David Bathrick
Creating future leaders: BIFAD and USAID dialogue on human and institutional capacity
Commentary - A World Food Prize Lecture: David Lambert
Global food security in perspective: How do we meet the challenges of a hotter, drier, thirstier and more crowded planet?
GLUK Student: Maureen Nancy Adhiambo
Essay of a Nutritionist
GLUK Student: Sophy Awuor Owiti
Importance of Community Nutrition
- New study finds that orange maize improves Vitamin A in children - PRESS RELEASE - HarvestPlus
- [Bioline News Blog] Soil characterization in contrasting cropping systems under the fast track land reform programme in Zimbabwe - African Journal of Food, Agriculture and Development Vol.11 No.3 - By Blane
- Thank you so much for the great work of producing this journal - Prof. Elly Sabiiti
- I trust this note finds you and the AJFAND family at the Secretariat in Nairobi well - Dr. David Kwaw-Mensa
- Announcement of my Promotion to the Rank of FULL PROFESSOR - Prof. Dr. Emmanuel Ohene Afoakwa