Volume 15 No. 3 (2015)
Editorial: Ruth Oniang'o
Without collaboration, nutrition goals cannot be realized
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Evaluation of nutritional status among school-aged children in rural Kwahu-eastern region, Ghana; anthropometric measures and environmental influences.
Deborah Lardner et al.
- Selected heavy metals in some vegetables produced through wastewater irrigation and their toxicological implications in eastern Ethiopia.
Bekana Deribachew et al.
- Rural African women’s accessibility to resources for food production in the north west region of Cameroon.
Dorothy Engwali Fon
- Restoring community livelihoods and food security through livestock asset during drought disasters: Case study of Mwingi, Kenya.
Henry Mutembei et al.
- Influence of legume residue and nitrogen fertilizer on the growth and yield of sorghum (Sorghum bicolor (L.) moench) in Bauchi state, Nigeria.
Yunusa Muhammad Shuaibu et al.
- Transfer of metals from soil to Cucumis sativus fruit and possible health risk assessment under actual field condition.
Imaobong Udousoro and ME Essien
- Assessment of heavy metals and crude protein content of molluscs and crustaceans from two selected cities in Nigeria.
Mary Ogundiran and SA Fasakin
- Application of Porter’s framework to assess aquaculture value chain in Kenya.
Kwamena Quagrainie et al.
- Response of maize (zea mays L.) to green manure from varying populations of cowpea in a derived savannah of Nigeria.
Thomas Fabunmi and RO Balogun
- Short Communication
Sanitation and hygiene status of butcheries in Kampala district, Uganda.
Bernadette Basuta Mirembe et al.
Commentary: Jack Bobo, USA
Is this the age of science denialism?
Profile and Commentary – Young Scientist: Joyce Agyei-Amponsah, Ghana
Neglected and Underutilized Crops (NUC): Empowering the livelihood of smallholder women farmers in Africa
Personal Statement and Goals: Consolata Musita – Intern AJFAND, Kenya
FANUS Report: Consolata Musita - Intern AJFAND, Kenya
Report on the 3rd FANUS Conference in Arusha, Tanzania. 24th-28th May 2015
Report on South African Visit: Doris Anjawa, Field Coordinator, ROP
Report on Kenya small-holder farmers’ biotechnology study visit to South Africa from 19th -23rd April, 2015
2015 Game changing statements on food and nutrition security – G7 and Bill and Melinda Gates
2015 Borlaug Field Award: LAST CALL! Nominate An Individual Under 40
A Plea for Agricultural Innovation - Honorary Degree Acceptance Speech, McGill University, Montreal, Canada, June 3, 2013 – Calestous Juma – Kenya/USA
Genetically Modified Crops – Some Comments - Jennifer Thomson
Prevention and control of aflatoxin in food & feeds training - 9th& 10th July 2015 – Nairobi, Kenya
Conference on postharvest and agro-processing extension in Africa, Hawassa, Ethiopia 24-26 June 2015 – by Sasakawa Africa Association (SAA)
TRIBUTE - The late Prof. Samson Kimenyi
REPRINT: Aflatoxin Article from ASARECA
Volume 18 Number 9 - Aflatoxin impacts and potential solutions in agriculture, trade, and health
Erratum to article - Hirpa13560 published in Vol15 (2)pp 9872-9891
Corrected version - Hirpa13560 (Volume 15 No.2)-CLEAN copy with corrections incorporated