Volume 15 No. 4 (2015)
Editorial: Ruth Oniang'o
A sporting nation should also be a nutritionally healthy nation
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Farmers’ perceptions of orange-fleshed sweetpotato:
do common beliefs about sweetpotato production and consumption really matter?
Julius Okello et al.
- Anti-bacterial activity of Guizotia scabra L. and Maesa lanceolata L. extracts on Erwinia carotovora L. responsible for irish potato soft rot in Rwanda.
Francis Nzabuheraheza and AN Nyiramugwera
- Plantain, banana and wheat flour composites in bread making: prospects for industrial application.
- Association between lifestyle and health variables with nutritional status of the elderly in the northern region of Ghana.
Benedicta Aganiba et al.
- Trade-offs in costs, diet quality and regional diversity: an analysis of the nutritional value of school meals in Ghana.
Aulo Gelli and A Parish
- Nutrient composition, pest and microbial status and effects of discarded biscuits on the growth performance, carcass characteristics and economic profiles of growing-finishing pigs.
Michael Boateng et al.
- Resource-use efficiency and optimal farm plan in pepper (capsicum spp.) production in Ogun state, Nigeria.
- Creating scarcity from abundance: bumper harvests, high prices, and the role of state interventions in zambian maize markets.
Auckland Kuteya and NJ Sitko
- Formulation of complementary food using amaranth, chickpea and maize improves iron, calcium and zinc content.
Susan Whiting et al.
- Nutritional evaluation of some new maize varieties: effects on growth performance and carcass traits of albino rats.
Michael Boateng et al.
- Assessment of food safety practices among cassava processors in selected rural communities of Oyo state, Nigeria.
Adesina Thomas and ON Philips
- Efficiency of non-vector methods of cassava brown streak virus transmission to susceptible cassava plants.
Gration Rwegasira and Rey ME Chrissie
- Vegetable production, consumption and its contribution to diets along the urban – rural continuum
in northern Ghana.
Takemore Chagomoka et al.
Commentary: David D. Bathrick , USA
Helping advance President Obama’s vision to substantively reduce African poverty: “New era” inclusive agricultural and rural development - A Paper Requested by the African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition, and Development
Commentary: By Mayo Clinic Staff
Commentary: Mary Njeri Karanu, Assistant Editor, AJFAND, Kenya
GMO Commentary: A Healthy Debate Continues in Kenya
GFAR Constituent Assemble -
Bangkok, Thailand: Pamella Thomas
CaFAN (Caribbean Farmers Network) Position Paper
Guidelines for a good publication: Pius Mathi, Junior Reviewer, AJFAND
Guidelines for a good publication at African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development (AJFAND)
Report on the 3rd Annual Africa Food Security Conference (AFSC)
The 3rd Annual Africa Food Security Conference and Agri-Exhibition 2015
Blog on SDGs
A new era for development
AJFAND reviewer Anthony Mshandete gets promoted to full professor - congratulations
UPDATE On Mavis Owureku-Asare
The Food Science and Technology Platform of Kenya (FOSTEP-K) will hold The First East African Food Safety, Nutrition, Agro-Processing and Innovation Conference on 29th March to 1st April, 2016
THEME: Food Safety, Nutrition, Agro-processing and Innovation for Regional Development