Volume 16 No. 2 (2016)
Editorial: Ruth Oniang'o
"You are what you eat", indeed: Nutrition Matters
Profile & Commentary: Charlotte Oduro-Yeboah
The Role of Traditional Food Processing Technologies in Preservation of Foods: The Ghanaian Experience
Short Communication: Nicanor Odongo
Sorting is an Affordable Technology that can Reduce Mycotoxin Contamination to Safe Levels.
Conference Review: Victoria, Pius, Audrey, Njeri, Josphat, Emily, Consolata, George
Participants Reviews of the 1st Safety, Nutrition, Agro-processing and Innovation Conference (Organized by FoSTeP-K), held at KEFRI Headquarters, Muguga, Kenya. 29th March - 1st April 2016.
Peer Reviewed Articles: [DOI = Digital Object Identifiers - http://www.doi.org/]
[AJFAND assigns Digital Object Identifiers (DOI) to published articles. AJFAND subjects submitted manuscripts to plagiarism check using iThenticate software. For more information please see AJFAND Indexing and Partnerships]
- Fertiliser credit and agroecological use of organic soil amendments in northern Ghana.
Imogen Bellwood-Howard and S Al-hassan DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.74.15770
- Nutrition and health status of HIV-infected adults on ARVs at AMREF clinic Kibera urban slum, Kenya.
Rose Janet Juma et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.74.12470
- Effect of intermittent frying on fatty acids, vitamin E, lipid oxidation and acrylamide in oils and plantain chips collected from small- scale producers in Cameroon.
Kansci Germain et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.74.15865
- Microbiological analysis of traditionally fermented milk sold in Kinigi sector of Musanze district in Rwanda.
Francois Nzabuheraheza and AN Nyiramugwera DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.74.15105
- Climate change adaptation in vulnerable crop and livestock production systems in Mgeta, Tanzania.
Zabron Nziku et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.74.15605
- Nutritional and amino acid analysis of raw, partially fermented and completely fermented locust bean (Parkia biglobosa) seeds.
Omolara Oluwaniyi and IO Bazambo DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.74.15025
- Prevalence of iron deficiency anaemia and dietary iron intake among infants aged six to nine months in Keiyo south Sub County, Kenya.
Faith Onyangore et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.74.15285
- Standardization of cassava Mahewu fermentation and assessment of the effects of iron sources used for fortification.
Elsa Maria Salvador et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.74.15305
[South Africa & Mozambique]
- Morphological diversity of mango germplasm from the upper athi river region of eastern Kenya: An analysis based on non- fruit descriptors.
Essy Toili et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.74.13755
- The association of demographic variables and dietary habits on body mass index of foreign-born population in South Korea.
Brice Wilfried Obiang-Obounou and NB Ebrahim DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.74.15730