Volume 8 No. 4 (2008)
In this issue, we have the following articles:
Editorial: Ruth Oniang'o
Food safety and the environment: Consumer issues
Commentary: Guest Editor - Prof. Joseph Allotey
Melamine Contamination of Infant Formula in China: The causes, food safety issues and public health implications
The role of home gardening in household food security in Butere division of western Kenya .
Anne Aswani et al.
Influence of agricultural biodiversity on dietary diversity of preschool children in Matungu division, western Kenya.
Beatrice Ekesa et al.
- Impact of low nutrient intake on infant mortality rate in sub-Saharan Africa.
Gafar Ijaiya and Abdulrazaq Yahaya
- Effects of two commercial meat tenderizers on different cuts of goat's meat in Namibia.
Peter Bille and MS Taapopi
- The use of safety devices in adoption of agro-chemicals by rice farmers in obafemi-owade local government area of Ogun State.
Frank Kuponiyi and JG Adewale
- Effects of poultry offal meal and soyabean meal mixtures on the performance and carcass quality of broiler chicks.
Stephen Bolu and A Adakeja
- Performance and haematological evaluation of weaner rabbits fed loofah gourd seed meal (Luffa Cylindrica [M.J. Roem]).
- Evaluation of some factors influencing growth performance of local goats in Nigeria.
Danjuma Zahraddeen et al.
- The effect of the interaction of various spawn grains and oil types on carpophore dry weight, stipe length and stipe and pileus diameters of lentinus squarrosulus (mont.) singer.
Peter Nwanze et al.
- Effects of drying methods on properties of watermelon (Citrullus lanatus) seed oil.
Abidemi Taiwo et al.