Volume 9 No 8 (2009)
In this issue, we have the following articles:
Editorial: Ruth Oniang'o
Capacity Building and Development for Africa
Commentary-1: Ellen Harris
The USDA Food and Nutrition Summer Institute
Commentary-2: Audrey Maretzki
Women’s NutriBusiness Cooperatives in Kenya – A Prologue
Yield and water use efficiency of deficit-irrigated maize in a semi-arid region of Ethiopia.
Yenesew Mengiste and K Tilahun
Fungitoxic properties of four crude plant extracts on fusarium oxysporum schl. F. phaseoli.
Obongoya Bonventure et al.
Influence of potato cultivar and stage of maturity on oil content of French fries (chips) made from eight Kenyan potato cultivars.
Abong George et al.
Effects of cultivar and agrobotanical storage treatment on organolepetic quality of yam (Dioscorea rotundata).
Eze Simon et al.
- Effects of age/weight and castration on fatty acids composition in pork fat and the qualities of pok and pork fat in meishan x large white pigs.
- Enhancement of the nutritive value of bagasse using chicken manure.
Anakalo Shitandi et al.
- Accesibility to and consumption of indigenous vegetables and fruits by rural households in Matungu division, western Kenya.
Ekesa Beatrice et al.
- Process development, nutrition and sensory qualities of wheat buns enriched with edible termites (Macrotermes subhylanus) from Lake Victoria region, Kenya.
Kinyuru John et al.
- Studies on reproductive abscission and seed yield of mungbean (Vigna radiata) in sub-humid savanna of Nigeria.
Ter Avava and FD Ugese
- The effects of East African low level jet on food security in horn of Africa: A case study of coastal region of Kenya.
Muti Simon and AM Kibe
- Probiotics and human health: Synoptic review.
Maity Tarun and AK Misra