Volume 16 No. 4 (2016)
FOREWORD: Ruth Oniang'o
GUEST EDITORIAL: Ken Buckle
African Food Scientists on the World Stage
-  Anaemia prevalence and nutrient intake among women in peri-urban settlements in Accra, Ghana.
Isaac Agbemalfe et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.15550
-  Effects of weather extremes on crop yields in Nigeria.
Joshua Ajetomobi DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.15685
-  Fast food consumption pattern and body weight status among students of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife, Nigeria.
Oyebisi Bakare and Motunrayo Olumakaiye DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.15020
-  Effect of substrates on the yield, yield attribute and dietary values of oyster mushroom (Pleurotus ostreatus) in the pastoral regions of northern Ethiopia.
Emiru Birhane et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.15695
-  Minerals and trace elements in the soil-plant-animal continuum in Ethiopia: A review
Girma Kibatu Berihie DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.15580
-  Eimeria infection in calves under local farming system in and around Asella, Oromia regional state, Ethiopia.
Aden Hiko DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.15615
-  Leafy amaranthus consumption patterns in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
Adama Hilou DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.13810
-  Progress in nutrition related Millennium Development Goals in Uganda before adoption of post-2015 development agenda: Review of goals 1, 2 and 4.
Joseph Kimuli Balikuddembe et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.15840
-  Changes in physico-chemical characteristics and volatile flavour components of different yoghurt products made from soy, peanuts and cow milk.
Kpodo Fidelis et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.16090
-  Food intake and dietary diversity of farming households in Morogoro region, Tanzania.
Peter Mamiro et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.16045
-  Wild food plants used by people living with HIV/AIDS in Nakisunga sub-county, Uganda.
Alice Nabatanzi and I Nakalembe DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.15720
-  Aquaculture: a promising solution for food insecurity, poverty and malnutrition in Kenya.
Erick Ogello et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.15900
-  Elemental composition and potential health impacts of phaseolus vulgaris L. ash and its filtrate used for cooking in northern Uganda.
Christopher Opio et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.16170
-  Consumers’ salient beliefs regarding foods from edible insects in Kenya: A qualitative study using concepts from the theory of planned behaviour.
Kennedy Pambo et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.16810
-  Food retail assessment and family food purchase behavior in Ashongman estates, Ghana.
Richmond Aryeetey DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.15430
-  Assessment of apparent effectiveness of chemical egg disinfectants for improved artificial hatching in Oreochromis karongae (Pisces: Cichlidae).
Joshua Valeta et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.13900
-  Using farmer-prioritized vertisol management options for enhanced green gram and tomato production in central Kenya.
Joab Wamari et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.15540
-  Composition de la poudre des feuilles sèches de Moringa oleifera dans trois régions du Niger.
Mahamane Manzo et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.15115
-  World pineapple production: An overview
Farid Hossain DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.15620
-  Cassava chips quality as influenced by cultivar, blanching time and slice thickness.
Elisha Onyango Abok et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.76.16855
Short Communication: Joseph Wambui
Design of trucks for long distance transportation of cattle in Kenya and its effects on cattle deaths
World Food Prize (WFP) 2016 - HIGHLIGHTS
- Biofortification Pioneer - Robert Mwanga
Among winners of 2016 World Food Prize for Fight Against Malnutrition
- Report: Njeri Karanu
Report from the Borlaug Dialogue International Symposium 2016
African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) 2016 - HIGHLIGHTS
- Commentary: Dominique Charron
Comments at the African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF), held at the UN Complex in Nairobi Kenya, September 5-9, 2016
- Commentary: Claudius Kurtna
The Real Cost of Malnutrition
International Union of Food Science and Technology (IUFoST) Congress 2016 - HIGHLIGHTS
- Commentary: Bernard Oloo and Julia IJsselmuiden
Reducing world food losses: Fresh demo project introduces ‘Contronics Humidifiers’ solution to agri-food losses
- Report: George Ooko Abong’
Report on the International Union of Food Science and Technology (IUFoST) Congress held in Dublin, Ireland, 20-25 August 2016
HIGHLIGHTS OF RECENT MEETINGS
- Report: Victoria Claire Ndanyi
GAPAD Roundtable Forum Report October 2016
- Book Review: Audrey Mikhala Makaka
Chocolate Science and Technology by Dr. Emmanuel Afoakwa
- Book Comment: Ruth Oniang’o
Eating Planet - Food and Sustainability: Building our Future by Barilla Centre for Food & Nutrition
Reactions to the Aflatoxin Issue (Issue 75) - Volume 16 No. 3: Responses from Readers
- Letter to the Editor on Aflatoxins & Profile: Amare Ayalew
- Commentary on Aflatoxin: George Ooko Abong’
- Sampled Emails - Reader’s reactions: Courtesy of the Editor-in-Chief
- The Late Prof. Grace Mbato Mbagaya
- Past contribution to AJFAND: Volume 4 No. 1 - Dairy production: A nutrition intervention in a sugarcane growing area in western Kenya - Grace Mbagaya
- The Late Prof. Michael Bernard Kwesi Darkoh
- Past contribution to AJFAND: Volume 12 No. 3 - Guest Editorial by the late Prof. Darkoh
- The late Dr. Malcolm Bourne [Past President of the International Academy of Food Science and Technology (IAFoST)]